Thursday, January 07, 2010

Happy New Year + Happy List #1

I want to wish everyone a very Happy New Year! The beginning of a new year means new changes. This holds true in our lives, as well as in real estate. You'll be hearing about many new changes to the real estate market.

Below are a just a few of the changes to our real estate market:
Updated RESPA laws are changing the lending industry.
The Obama short sale changes will be happening in the beginning of April.
Minimum credit score to get a loan has changed from 620 to 640.
Look for more foreclosures and short sales to come onto the market.
$8000 Tax credit stimulus ends after April.

Despite all the changes, there are so many things to be grateful for! I want to encourage everyone to think happy thoughts and focus on the positive influences in your life. Many people are having a hard time right now. Money is very tight and our lifestyles are changing. But I want to believe that they are changing for the better. We're learning about ourselves through our limits, weaknesses, and strengths. Adapting to our new environment is something humans do pretty naturally, so I think we're all going to be OKAY!

On that note, I'd like to add a little segment to my post called my Happy List. Basically, instead of focusing on negative issues, I want to meditate on the things that make me happy. I'm easy to please, so there may be things on my Happy List that are totally ridiculous, but hey, it really is the small things that make me happy.

Happy List #1: Five things that make me happy.
1. My dog - She cracks me up and does the cutest tricks.
2. Being able to speak multiple languages - I never really thought this made me happy, because it's always been a part of me. But I'm really starting to appreciate it now.
3. My POS car - It is SO embarrassing to drive, but the gas mileage is amazing. An added bonus is that I don't care if anything happens to it because I've been trying to make it die for years now, and it WILL NOT DIE.
4. My new car - It sits in the garage, steadily depreciating in value, but it looks so pretty, I can't bring myself to drive it anywhere. I'm afraid I'll scratch the paint etc. It's just nice to know that it's sitting there waiting for me.
5. Chandeliers - They're just awesome.

-
~Tina Jan~
DRE# 01505855
Coldwell Banker Kivett-Teeters
1655 E. Sixth St.
Beaumont, CA 92223
Work: 951-845-5520 Ext. 105
Fax: 951-845-4916
Cell: 909-446-2666
Toll-Free: 1-877-TINAJAN
tina.jan@coldwellbanker.com
www.tinajan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!