Saturday, July 12, 2008

How a Real Estate Agent House Hunts - Part 1

Prices have finally come down to the point where I want to buy a house for myself.  For those of you who don't know me very well.  I'm 27 this year, I feel old, but I'm one of the youngest real estate agents in my office.  I graduated from UC Berkeley in 2005.  So I've been out of school for 3 years.  From the first week out of school I began working as a full time real estate agent.  It's amazing how the years have gone by.  I still feel like an enthusiastic new agent even though I've seen several people go in and out of the office.  There is a high turn over rate in the real estate industry it seems.  Many were my friends so I am sad to see them go, but they have more rewarding jobs now I think.  The unstable and unpredictable nature of real estate is not for the weak of heart.

Anyway, about my "dream" house.  I don't need anything enormous (yet), but I would like a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 1000+ sqft, with a garage, and some yard.  There should be hundreds of homes for sale that fit this description, so there will be many house hunting opportunities for me.  I know I am just one person, but I want to have a craft room, and a guest room.  I'm a big fan of sewing, crafting, jewelry-making, knitting, so I NEED to have a craft room/office.  I am in the pre-buying stage for sure, everything is still nebulous.  Well, there will be more house hunting thoughts.  One nice thing about being a real estate agent is that you have 24/7 access to all the houses and info.

Well I better get back to doing my BPO's (broker price opinions).  In every type of market there is a way to survive.  I'm doing my part one little piece at a time.  Between the real estate and SAT tutoring, I keep myself pretty busy.  And yet, even in my free time I can't sit idly.  This is why I knit every Tuesday and Friday nights in Riverside and Redlands.  Too much fidget-y energy.  Okay, well BPO-time.  Good night everyone!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!