Thursday, October 01, 2015

How to Unlink Gmail Accounts


Hi Everyone!  I wanted to share my experience with unlinking Gmail accounts.  I have multiple email accounts.  In fact, you could even call me a hoarder of email accounts.  I don't delete emails, I just get a new email account when the old one gets close to maximum storage capacity!  I know it's a little silly, but I don't have time to read junk email, let alone time to delete those emails.

What all this boils down to, is that I naturally have a few Gmail accounts and with the new changes to Gmail in the last few years, those accounts inevitably get linked together automatically.  This is convenient in many respects because I can check emails from other accounts seamlessly.  I can switch back and forth between different email accounts and reply to people in the account that I want to reply from.  It's great!

But there are times when someone will borrow my computer and sign into their Gmail account and now I'm stuck with their email account linked to mine.  How do you unlink and remove an unwanted Gmail account?

First of all, SIGN OUT.  Go to the upper right of your Gmail page, where your personal icon is.  Click the icon and it will open a little box with your name, email, profile, My Account, and Sign Out.  You need to sign out.  My problem was that I thought I had to be signed into my account to do anything.  I mistakenly thought that I had to be an authorized user and go into my settings, but this is not the case.

Once you are signed out, Google will have a new page that will allow you to Sign In.  This will show a list of all the linked accounts.  At the bottom of the list, you will see "Add Account" on the left and "Remove" on the right.  Click "Remove."  This will bring the list of linked accounts back up and you can hit "X" on the email accounts that you would like to remove.

Then click "Done" and you are... done!  Now you can sign back into your preferred default account!

Hope this helps someone!  If you have any questions, real estate or not, feel free to contact me.  :)

-
~Tina Jan~
BRE# 01505855
Real Estate Masters Group
770 E. 6th St., Suite A,
Beaumont, CA 92223
Cell: 909-446-2666
Fax: 951-880-0819
tinajan@gmail.com
www.tinajan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!