Friday, January 09, 2015

Planning for 2015 - Why I Prefer a Paper Planner over Digital Planning on my Phone



My organizational and planning methods have shifted from digital planning to paper planning.  There are pros and cons to each method, but 2014 was the year of the paper planner for me. 

The pros of digital planning for my uses were syncing across devices, easy searching for past old appointments,  recurring appointments, reminder alerts, and all on your cellphone. 

The pros for the paper planning style were easy access to planner when actually talking on the cellphone, more awareness of appointments since there were no reminder alerts, being able to view the whole week at a glance, no Daylight Savings glitches, easy to customize planner to suit your evolving needs. 

As a result of this switch to a paper planner method, I felt more organized and on-top of my hectic work schedule.  In addition, I was able to keep important information with me, like detailed info on certain homes, notes on clients and transactions, my hundreds of passwords that I will never remember, tracking expenses and finances, and notes for non-work related goals.  While I know that there could have been a way for all of those to be kept digitally as well, I now understand that my mind prefers paper planning. 

If anyone is interested in knowing more about how I use my paper planner, feel free to comment below.  Maybe I will write a more detailed blog post about it.  I have to admit, it is quite satisfying to plan out my week/month in my paper planner!


-
~Tina Jan~
BRE# 01505855
Coldwell Banker Kivett-Teeters
1655 E. Sixth St.
Beaumont, CA 92223
Cell: 909-446-2666
Work: 951-845-5520 Ext. 105
Fax: 951-845-4916
tina.jan@coldwellbanker.com
www.tinajan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!