Saturday, October 02, 2010

Fall/Winter Decorating and Holiday Knitting

Autumn is here!  My favorite season!  Just wanted to give everyone a heads up, this is personal post.  So if you came here for "real estate info," just visit my previous posts.  :)  I have lots of news and links to real estate if you want to poke around my site.

Today I'm going to talk about decorating my house for autumn and getting the holiday knitting started.

So now that I finally have my own house, I've been trying to don the "Martha Stewart domestic diva apron," but not really succeeding.  Despite all the blogs I visit and inspiration I've been getting from magazines, I have to admit that I have really no talent for being a home-maker.  Props to all those out there who are able to make their house a beautiful and comfortable home!  I envy your talent.

I'd be happy with my efforts if I was able to make at least one room seem like it had a cohesive theme.  Yesterday I stopped by Target to get some Izze fruit/sparkling water drinks, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the beautiful tablecloths that were on display by DwellStudio.  


I love the bold and huge graphics of the pattern.  The fabric was thick and sturdy.  It looked like it would be a beautiful tablecloth for the dining room table.  But then I started thinking about how I'd have to coordinate it with other items.  The colors and textures of coordinating drapery, placemats, seat cushions, and table decor, got me a bit overwhelmed.  So maybe this will be a longer term project.  Since all of my dining room table stuff is dark red/wine colored.

When I was at the HomeGoods store on the 71 Fwy, I saw so many cute accessories.  Chrome-colored ceramic pumpkins, flocked skull print pillows, lace-work jars, blue-white asian vases, and so many table lamps.  I saw two accent chairs that I absolutely loved and wanted to take home with me that very day.  The only problem was that my car was too small and there was no feasible way I could fit all that stuff in there.  My bf bought a bunch of kitchen tools and a new fancy-schmancy knife set.

With so many places for me to spend my hard-earned money, it's no wonder that I'm at a loss as to what I should do.  So maybe all this will have to be on hold while I figure out a master plan.

Until then, I'll go back to getting back to my hobbies.  All hobbies have been on the backburner because I've been busy with work stuffs.  I haven't been knitting at all for months, gasp - the horror!  Part of that is because of my hectic schedule.  But a large part has been due to the fact that nothing is where I expect it to be, after the house move.  My poor WIPs, they are lost somewhere in the junk room and also guest room closet.

Thus the next best thing for me is to go through my Ravelry queue and organize things.  Maybe if I start thinking critically about my potential projects, the familiar crafting urges will all come rushing back.  The list has been pared down, getting rid of items that I'm pretty sure I will never get to... ever.  Mostly because I don't really like that style in real-life.  Or for example, like sweaters.  As much as I like the idea of making sweaters, I've found that I really don't like knitting sleeves in the round, it's sooooo  monotonous.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to when my hectic schedule finally ends so that I can enjoy the small things again.


-

~Tina Jan~
DRE# 01505855
Coldwell Banker Kivett-Teeters
1655 E. Sixth St.
Beaumont, CA 92223
Work: 951-845-5520 Ext. 105
Fax: 951-845-4916
Cell: 909-446-2666
Toll-Free: 1-877-TINAJAN
tina.jan@coldwellbanker.com
www.tinajan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!