Saturday, July 17, 2010

Video-Oriented Mini-Goals

Just wanted to update those of you who follow my blog here at TinaJan.com. As of today, I've already racked up a combined total of 20 live BlogTV webcasts and Youtube videos! That's a big deal for me and I'm happy I've taken a big step towards being more video-oriented this year.

I want to make a conscious effort to do more vlogs. How can I make it easier to do more videos on a regular basis? Below are a few things that I've come up with... please comment and let me know if you can think of anything else to add to my list!

1. Set up a comfortable and functional place where I can chat candidly in proper lighting - My work office has a front wall composed of floor to ceiling windows, which makes the lighting fantastic. However, I'm still not bold enough to start talking to my webcam with all my coworkers within earshot. ;) By the time I'm done with work and I go home, it's already dark outside and the indoor lighting isn't bright enough!

Want to know a secret? Okay, here it is - I'm REALLY looking forward to setting up a "studio" in the new home after August. There is a perfect area with an entire wall of windows that would make a good video-friendly home office! Now all I have to figure out is what the background will be like... hmm... haven't thought that part out yet.

2. Consistency in posting videos - This can be achieved by setting a schedule and sticking to it. Easier said than done, I'm sure. Ideally, I'd like to post more than once a week. I could dedicate 3 days max for this though. I have a feeling I'd be pretty video'd out if I webcasted every day. Maybe Monday, Thursday, and Saturday afternoons could work.

3. Variety in topics - As many of my friendly BlogTV viewers have noted, I am completely obsessed with real estate. I don't purposely mean to lead every subject back to real estate, it just happens! To combat this behavior, I'm going to make a concerted effort to talk about other things. Not really sure what else I would talk about, but I'm still working on that.

4. Appearances - I've never been the type to worry that much about looks... but I realize the need to step it up a notch on video. I recently filmed myself talking about something, and while reviewing the footage, I noticed that my hair was pretty tousled and windblown (and not in a good way). Another thing I noticed, was that my natural style makeup was not doing me any favors on camera. And yes, you really do gain 10 lbs on video, so I will have to lose the 10 lbs I'm gaining on film!

That's it for now. It's already 4am! I knew I should have had the DECAFFEINATED tea tonight...

-
~Tina Jan~
DRE# 01505855
Coldwell Banker Kivett-Teeters
1655 E. Sixth St.
Beaumont, CA 92223
Work: 951-845-5520 Ext. 105
Fax: 951-845-4916
Cell: 909-446-2666
Toll-Free: 1-877-TINAJAN
tina.jan@coldwellbanker.com
www.tinajan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!