Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Blogging Used to Make Me Happy, What's Changed?

The reason I got into blogging was because I had such a hard time falling asleep at night. My brain would be going full blast, thinking and pondering and replaying the day's events. I kept a written journal, where I could document all my thoughts and help me convert my feelings and thoughts into understandable sentences. Before the blogosphere came into place, I had my own website set up, and each day I would archive my previous post before writing my new one. When blogs came about, I was more than happy to jump on the bandwagon. I have been blogging steadily since 2004. In a world where family and friends can live so far apart, it's easy to see how blogging allows a thread of connection to exist. Blogging allowed me to speak my mind, share my thoughts with distant friends, calm my active mind, so that I could rest for the night. I feel that I've let blogging go by the wayside, seeing as I only blog once a month now. I should get back into it, I need an outlet for my overflowing thoughts. It's 2am. I should go to bed. We have morning meetings every Wednesday, and unfortunately, I am a grumpy morning person. Although I'm sure if I went to bed at 9pm instead of 3am, I'd be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed too.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!