Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fishtank Drama - Fish Loves to be the Center of Attention



Okay, so I did my research last night and went out to Best Buy today and got myself a Flip Video Camcorder. I got the Ultra HD which can record 120 minutes with the built-in 8 GBs. Best Buy price-matched a cheaper price from a different store, so I got a pretty good deal on the camera. I also got a flexible tripod, in case I should feel like wrapping the little legs onto my dog and getting a dogs-eye view of the world. :) No, in all seriousness, I might actually start filming myself in the car or on the go wherever I feel the need to broadcast myself.

I did a few test runs today. The Flip can start filming right out of the box. They actually give you batteries! Unbelievable! It comes with video editing software too, so I was able to cut out the portions that I wanted and save them. I'm not an AV-dork, but I still felt pretty accomplished after playing around with the features. It's really easy to upload the vid clips to youtube and other sites. I'm still not quite comfortable being on-camera talent yet, but I'm working on it. There were a few recording sessions where I did capture myself talking, but I was sooo distracted by my own chin-fat that I just couldn't upload those videos. But maybe in the right lighting... I won't look so squishy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!