Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Widgets and Knitting

This weekend was incredibly busy. For those of you who don't know me too well, I'm a bit of a workaholic. Yes, I am a full time real estate agent, but I also spend some of my time tutoring. Both real estate and tutoring require me to have a flexible schedule and give up all of my weekends. I don't think I've had a full free weekend to myself for several months now. I don't mind because I've nominated Monday as my new "easy" day. It actually works out pretty well for me.


Knitting
The photo above is the new "Chevron Rib" Stitch Pattern I learned this weekend. The variegated yarn I'm using distracts from the lovely eyelet pattern. This means a trip to Joann's to get a new finer yarn. I'm thinking a ball of Moda-Dea Beadnik yarn would be a perfect for this since it is a delicate solid colored yarn with prestrung beads for a few surprises when all knit up. Are you a knitter? Wanna try it for yourself? Here is the pattern from p. 250 of "Lace & Eyelets" from The Harmony Guides edited by Erika Knight.

Chevron Rib Pattern
Multiple of 7+2.
1st row: k2, *k2tog, yf, k1, yf, sl 1, k1, psso, k2; rep from * to end.
2nd row: purl.
3rd row: k1, *k2tog, yf, k3, yf, sl 1, k1, psso; rep from * to last st, k1.
4th row: purl.
Rep these 4 rows.

Widgets
I wanted to insert a "Books I'm Reading" widget onto my blog here. I didn't find one I liked, but I did find a neat music player widget. If you want widgets for yourself go to www.widgetbox.com. I put this one at the bottom of my sidebar. Enjoy.

~Tina Jan~
Coldwell Banker Kivett-Teeters
1655 E. Sixth St.
Beaumont, CA 92223
Work: 951-845-5520 Ext. 105
Fax: 951-845-4916
Cell: 909-446-2666
Toll-Free: 1-877-TINAJAN
tina.jan@coldwellbanker.com
www.tinajan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!